Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

Here is what I wrote on my customer satisfaction survey after I bought a Personal Comfort Bed, which was shipped by Manna.This survey is a joke.

It must have been triggered when Forward Air marked my package as delivered, but the fact is, only 1 driver showed up for a 2 man threshold delivery job. Because the package was 900 pounds, the delivery was refused and returned. Please look at my tracking number for this delivery and see the terrible experience I've had with this delivery and Manna. (Bill of Lading: [Redacted]) My package arrived in my city on 3/27.

Manna hired AM Delivery to delivery my package. This company stopped answering and returning phone messages, so Manna hired Forward Air Complete to finish the delivery (On 4/7, I believe). When Manna hired Forward Air, Manna reached out to me to apologize for the problem, and told me that my package was marked as "priority/urgent" in order to get it delivered as soon as possible. On 4/7, A Manna representative promised that I'd hear from Forward Air dispatch on Monday, 4/10, to schedule the delivery of my package.

Next Tuesday, 4/11, I had not heard form anyone, So I reached out to Forward Air, who indicated that my package was not "made available to them to pick up." This means that Manna's representative misspoke or lied to me about marking my package as urgent/priority. I called Personal Comfort, who reached out to Manna, and they worked out the issue with Forward Air. Finally, on Wednesday, 4/12, Forward Air dispatch reached out to me to schedule the delivery of my bed. Forward Air was unwilling to be flexible in their schedule, so I chose the package to be delivered on Thursday, 4/13.

In reliance of the promised delivery date, I missed a day of graduate school and threw away my old bed. When Forward Air arrived on 4/13, only 1 driver was there, and it was marked as a curb side drop. This is not was ordered by Personal Comfort, nor what was listed on Manna's bill of lading. Because I am unable to move a 900 pound package from the curb to my apartment alone, I had to refuse the package.

I am not sure if this mistake happened because Manna did not provide proper instruction to Forward Air, or if Forward Air failed to follow instructions given. After the delivery driver left, I reached out to Personal Comfort, who reached out to Manna. Manna called me to apologize, and indicated that they would reach out to Forward Air and get this fixed ASAP so that my bed could be delivered ASAP. I failed to find any integrity or value of the Manna's representatives words though, because she indicated that she had only sent an email, when this issue could be more easily resolved over a telephone call.

She just assumed that since it was near 5pm, that Forward Air employees would be out of the office, when in fact their lines are open till 10pm. On Friday, 4/14, Forward Air called to schedule the threshold delivery. Despite the mistake, they were unwilling to compromise on a delivery schedule, thus forcing me to pick the following Friday, 4/21. This means that my bed will be delivered over a month after it was ordered, and over 3 weeks to deliver it from a warehouse in my city to my door step.

What a joke. To add insult to injury, a Manna rep called that Friday night (4/14) to verify that a new date was set. She seemed concerned that the date was set for the following Friday, and promised to reach out to Forward Air and see if they could arrange to have it delivered sooner. While she said that she couldn't promise to change the delivery date, she promised that she would get back to me.

Unsurprisingly, I never heard back from her. This has been the absolute worst customer service experience in my life. Repeated failure, complete lack of respect for the customer, and missed promises have shown that your company is not worth conducting business with. It's remarkable that Personal Comfort, the company that hired you and has had to invest numerous hours with you because of this mess, has offered me compensation for my time and frustration.

It's funny because Personal Comfort to my knowledge has done nothing wrong. It should be MANNA that offers to compensate for all the time I've spent on the phone over this issue.

In the future, when I make a purchase that requires freight delivery, I will inquire about their shipping services, and I will not purchase if your company is involved in anyway.Very disappointing.

Review about: Manna Distribution Services Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Damages for frustration, lost time because of emails and phone calls..

Had an Experience with Manna Distribution Services?

Comments

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States #1318714

Hello: I am Sr.Customer Experience Manager at Manna, and although your BOL number was redacted above, I used your comments to locate your order in our survey system.

I will research exactly what went wrong here and reach out to you today.My apologies for your poor experience and the inconvenience it caused you.